Dear Donors and Friends of FONDOP,
Although the University students will not stop until mid-August, the month of June marks the end of the school year 2016-2017. The next academic year begins in September, so FONDOP wants to share its performance with you prior to the start of its school-year activities.
Please see below what your contributions have made possible:
FONDOP contributed to the payment of school fees for 159 children and students. 106 girls and 53 boys were thus able to pursue their education as follows:
- 8 little ones started school in kindergarten
- 55 children attended primary schools, grades 1st to 6th
- 41 teenagers continued with the 3rd Cycle, equivalent to 7th to 9th grades
- 26 others at the Secondary level, working towards their baccalaureate (10th to 12th grades and Bac 2)
In addition, your funding allowed:
- 16 young adults to pursue their education at the university level in various faculties: Education, Economy, Medical and Nursing.
- 13 young men and women were enrolled in trade and vocational schools where they acquired skills that will equip them for the working world. Those skills include aptitudes in the field of Administrative Assistance.
FONDOP was also able to provide some English teaching materials to “Ecole Marie Reine Immaculée.” This primary school used the materiel to teach students of the 5th and 6th grades this year and will continue to utilize it in the future.
FONDOP is sometimes approached with requests to assist students with unforeseen challenges. This past academic year, two students in difficulty received a special assistance to cover some other education related expenses.
The Students, their parents and their schools will forever be indebted to you for your generous support provided through Fondation Opportunité.
Your donation makes a huge positive impact in the present and future life of these young people! We do not want to imagine where and what some of them would have been without your help! FONDOP Is counting on you to continue the work we have started together almost eight years ago.
Once again thank you and wishing you the best!
Jocelyne Oriol Pierre